Monday, February 3, 2014

My "Super" Review

Ladies and gentleman, I would like to start off this post by congratulating the Seattle Seahawks on winning their first Super Bowl and the first championship in the city of Seattle since the the 1979 Supersonics. I was pulling for Seattle the whole time. No I'm not a bandwagon fan, I just wanted to have Seattle win the Super Bowl after the Eagles got eliminated by New Orleans. Plus I have always found an interest in the Seahawks, whether its their logo, or Marshawn Lynch, I just like to see the Seahawks succeed.

I will have to give a thumbs down to the commercials this year, I wasn't impressed by many, except the Beats by Dre commercial featuring rapper Kendrick Lamar, I am a fan of his so seeing him was pretty cool, but that was followed up by a Beats by Dre Beats Music commerical with Ellen DeGeneres as that one bored me a tad. So there is my two cents on that, and with that aside lets get to the game.

GAME TIME!
You knew it wasn't going to be good from the start for Denver with the botched snap to Peyton Manning on the first play of the game. Knowshawn Moreno was tackled in the end zone for the safety. But with that in mind, Peyton Manning needed to step up and be the MAN (see what I did there?) and get his team back on top. It doesn't help when your star quarterback throws two picks. But the Denver D did a solid job through the first half of the first quarter but that doesn't mean much when the other team drops 29 points in the first half to your none. Here is a fun fact: this year's Broncos are the first team to not score a TD in the first half of the Super Bowl.

JUKEBOX AND BOOP BOPS
The halftime show this year was good. Better than expected. Bruno Mars isn't one of my favorite singers but he did a good job with the live band and the drums in the beginning were inviting and fun. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been a favorite of mine. When my mom was pregnant with me, she went to a RHCP concert, so you can say I have liked them for a while. They were bouncy and energetic and provided the rock edge to Bruno's clean pop style. The fireworks at the end was a good way to level the slow ballad Just the Way You Are. All in all thumbs up for you Bruno.

AND WE'RE BACK!
Luckily for the sake of saving Colorado's sanity, during the 4th quarter Peyton Manning set up a 14 yard pass for a TD and completes the 2-point conversion. During the season, Denver only set up one 2-point conversion and succeeded. This was a smart play because if DEN could score three quick touchdowns off a pick or something of the sort, they would have a point to spare from the 2 points.

The confetti pours down on Russell Wilson and the champion Seattle Seahawks. A surreal moment for the second-year quarterback and the face of the franchise. Keeping his cool, when asked how does he feel, he says, "Amazing." Way to put it my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment