Friday, December 28, 2012

RA the Blue Jay

As sad as it was for me to see RA Dickey get traded, it was a good move for the Mets. I've had my RA Dickey jersey since his first year as a Met. He is such an inspiring human being. No one should root against him. I don't know if rooting against him is even possible. There's nothing to dislike about this man. I'm wearing my RA Dickey Blue Jays shirt that my brother had to go to a custom tshirt store to make to be sure I would have for Christmas. They also sent Josh Thole and Mike Nickeas to the Blue Jays, so that someone will be able to catch the knuckleball Dickey throws. As for the Mets, the package they got back is one they could not pass up on. John Buck should be able to be a serviceable catcher until d'Arnaud is ready. Travis d'Arnaud is going to a star for this team. Noah Snydergaard could be a very good pitcher and Wuilmer has the potential to be a good major league outfielder. While the Mets got a fantastic package of prospects, it is highlighted by d'Arnaud. He is the #1 catching prospect in all of baseball. He started with the Phillies and went to Toronto in the deal that landed the Phillies Roy Halladay. So d'Arnaud, 23, has twice been traded for Cy Young Award winners. That says a lot about what people think of this young man. I can't wait for him to debut. I also can't wait for Wheeler. With young players like these 2, Harvey, Ike, Tejada, and others on the horizon, it should not be long until the Mets are contenders again. I know that diehard Mets fans, like me, could never dream of switching teams. Mets diehards, we just need to stay positive and be a little bit patient, and it won't be long until we are playing meaningful baseball down the stretch. Also, check out the Mets new BP hat. It is very cool. The new alternate jerseys and hat are also very stylish as well. This is the BP hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment