Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ike Davis Back On Track

Ike Davis was demoted to AAA Las Vegas back in June, with an average of .161 (30-186) with 66 strikeouts in 207 plate appearances. He was brought back at the beginning of July, and has been great! Since coming back, he has had 105 plate appearances, hitting for a .300 average and a .467 OBP while drawing 22 unintentional walks and has only struck out 22 times. In the 207 plate appearances he had before his demotion, he had drawn only 17 unintentional walks. When he was sent down, he was lost. He had no idea what he was doing at the plate anymore, and he has come back a new player. His confidence is back. He has been seeing the ball much better at the plate, and though he has only hit 1 homer since his return, the home runs will come as Ike continues to square the ball up, because he is just too strong to not hit the ball out of the ballpark when he squares it up.


I always try my best to not be biased when I write, but it's hard for me to do that when it comes to Ike. I remember watching him in spring training 2010 on TV and ever since then he has been my favorite Met, and seeing him struggle was hard to watch. I always rooted for Ike, and never liked when fans would boo him. I'm just so glad to see him doing well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment