Thursday, August 22, 2013

What does the future hold for Albert Pujols?

     On Monday August 19, the Los Angeles Angels announced that due to his foot injury, Albert Pujols will be out for the remainder of the season.
     Starting out his career in Saint Louis Albert Pujols has was amazing. Now that Pujols has become a Los Angeles Angel with the third highest contract in all of baseball history he hasn't been able to produce. In his first 11 seasons in the MLB with the St. Louis Cardinals Albert Pujols was a star as soon as he stepped on the field, winning the Rookie of The Year in 2001. Altogether as a Cardinal, Pujols batted .328, 445 homeruns, 1,329 RBI's. Also with the St. Louis Cardinals, he averaged 40 homeruns and 121 RBI's a season, a nine time MLB All-Star and finished in the Top 5 of the MVP Voting in all but the 2007 season.
     Over about the past six years Albert Pujols stats have dipped even in his two MVP years in 2008 and 2009. "If I stay healthy I will keep on hitting. God has blessed me with strength and hitting talent," said Pujols. Even for Pujols it must be hard to believe that he can go back to the old Albert in the 2014 season but Albert isn't worried about that yet. "I take things one day at a time. I'm not thinking about the 2014 season because I can't even predict if I'll be alive then. You've got to enjoy each day, and forget about making plans. I hate talking. I just let all my work do all the talking. This game is already too tough while being healthy. Imagine if I do it while I'm Injured."
      8 Homeruns short from being the 26th player in the 500 homerun club, Pujols claims that it was the whole Angels Organization decision. Albert who was supposed to come back in 6-8 weeks said "We didn't only consider this year, but also the 8 remaining years left on my contract."
    With the 2014 baseball season a long ways from now, and this being Pujols only  who knows what the feature will hold? The beauty of sports is, absolutely no one knows. Reporting from SBC Hive this is Matisse Nelson, see you next time, stay classy Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment